Buying an Aebleskiver pan for the first time can be challenging. The most valuable choice that works for most people is the Iwatani Takoyaki Grill Pan. It offers tons of exciting features and reliability. When it comes to cooking something new, you want to keep things simple. And that’s exactly the kind of cookware an Aebleskiver is.
Think of this as your mini pancake maker. It’s made up of durable materials. It’s easy to clean and store away. And considering the picks on this list, it calls for hassle-free cooking.
If you’re into cooking and baking new dishes at home, then you’ll love looking at these options.
Top 6 Best Aebleskiver Pan in 2021
- Different tastes and styles of cooking are all possible with the new iwatani accessories made for the iwatani cassette-feu butane stoves
- The non-stick coating prevents food from sticking on to the pan, making it easy for everyone to cook takoyaki and much more
- Thick material stores the heat well making the food taste delicious
- Exterior Dimension: W 10.2"/260mm x D 8.2"/210mm, H 1.5"/39mm product Weight: approx. 1.6lbs/730g
- Material: aluminum alloy, upper surface-non stick Coated
The Iwatani would have an excellent addition in your home. And for reasons that go beyond the strong design and practical features. If you’re new to Aebleskiver pans, you should simply buy this one and forget about the rest.
It has a non-stick coating with a thick exterior that generates and distributes heat perfectly. It offers a much better and personalized way of cooking. Something that other similar grill pans cannot because of their thin and flimsy design.
What’s fantastic about this Takoyaki pan is that it makes tracing between the chambers easier. It has several grooves that run up and down and laterally between each chamber. This not only makes pouring the batter into the chamber easier. But it also helps drawing lines to divide the batter better.
Even though it’s aluminum, it’s built to last. The weight is sturdy and heavy – just like an iron cast version. And the non-stick coating on the grill pan is quite impressive. It’s easier to clean and maintaining it is no hassle whatsoever.
The pan also works with bamboo skewers. In fact, it’s way more convenient to use with one. Even if you’ve never made Takoyaki before, making it on this grill pan for the first time is a breeze.
- ✔️ COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT – Measures 9 x 9 x 3.5 inches (L x W x H) and weighs only 700 grams. Lightweight and compact design make it easy for you to store this Takoyaki maker anywhere you want to.
- ✔️ STURDY AND DURABLE – thick aluminum with HDPE body makes this electric Takoyaki pan sturdy and durable enough to last as long as you want to use it. Its outer body is heat resistant and does not break easily, while is aluminum is hard enough to be not bent under normal usage.
- ✔️ 18 ROUNDED MOLDS – This electric takoyaki machine can make 18 Japanese Takoyakis at the same time so that you and your family can enjoy at the same time without delay.
- ✔️ NON-STICK SURFACE – The surface of this electric Takoyaki pan is coated with non-stick material so that you can easily cook with the hassle of sticking. It makes your cooking more enjoyable and convenient.
- ✔️ EASY TO CLEAN – After you have done the cooking, you can easily clean this takoyaki maker by using a non-abrasive cleaning sponge and some dishwashing detergent. Do not use an abrasive sponge as it may damage or remove the non-stick coating.
How about a Takoyaki maker that’s portable and electric? This Aebleskiver pan is compact and lightweight. It has a Teflon surface that is also non-stick. With a total of 18 holes, it has many features that make it one of the most user-friendly picks on the market.
For starters, this pan has electric controls. That means it has an automatic temperature dial, a power switch for easy on/off, and a food-grade surface. One of the best things about using an automated Takoyaki maker is that you don’t have to worry about the heat controls.
With a stovetop or grill pan, you constantly have to adjust the heat to cook. The last thing you want is the pan to burn delicious recipes. That is why the automatic temperature controls on this pan are a blessing.
The non-stick surface is coated and long-lasting. The base that it stands on is sturdy as well. With cool-to-touch handles that make portability better. You’ll fall in love with this Takoyaki maker because it cooks evenly and consistently.
It doesn’t get too hot. And it makes the ideal Aebleskiver recipe you’ll ever get to make at home. The instructions on how to use the pan come in a small booklet that is easy to understand. The compact body makes storage easy. Because you can simply pack the appliance away and keep it inside.
- Make the popular Danish treat Aebleskiver, filled pancakes, in your home! Serve sweet or savory anytime!
- Fill with fruit, jam, cream cheese, peanut butter, cheese, chocolate or meats like sausage, ham or bacon. Top with syrup, jam or powdered sugar. The possibilities are endless!
- Cast-aluminum construction heats quickly; nonstick surface.
- Ergonomic 7-1/2-inch-long handle stays cool to the touch.
- Recipes and instructions included.
The Norpo Nonstick Stuffed Pancake Pan is an easy-to-clean and handy tool. It is also quite straightforward because it lets you cook multiple types of dishes. And the best part about it all is that you can use very little to no oil. Because the non-stick surface of this pan is smooth and sturdy.
It’s is slightly smaller than most pancake pans. With 7 chambers instead of18 like the previous Aebleskiver pan. Even for someone who hasn’t used an Aebleskiver pan before, this is quite the pick. It looks sturdy and strong. The size and shape of the pan are easy to store. And because it has such a polished non-stick surface, it’s a delight to use.
The surface heats properly and evenly. And after use, it’s also quite easy to clean. If you want to cook more, you can easily purchase another one of these. Things would be just as straightforward and effortless with two pans as it is with one.
Heating the pan and maintaining a low-medium heat is quite easy. Because the non-stick surface distributes heat well, it doesn’t get too hot to handle. And speaking of handling things, the ergonomic 7-inch long handle is strong. It stays cool even when it’s on the stove. Making it easier to transfer the pan from the gas to the countertop in seconds.
- Our pre-seasoned cast iron aebleskiver pancake pan is made for delicious traditional Danish stuffed pancake balls - also known as Aebleskiver, Ebelskiver, Ebleskiver, Epleskiver, Munker, Puff Pancakes.
- Our Danish pancake pan is complete with bamboo skewers - an authentic tool for turning your aebleskivers without damaging your pan. Our pan also comes with a heat resistant removable silicone handle and a soft cotton oven mitt to make cooking aebleskivers safe, hassle-free and enjoyable.
- As a bonus you can also use our cookware for making poffertjes, takoyaki, appam, kuli paniyaram, thai kanom krok and other amazing dishes.
- We have included a simple aebleskiver recipe and detailed instructions for cast iron cookware use and care. The instructions for seasoned cast iron will help your cookware last a lifetime.
- The diameter of the skillet is 7.9", hole diameter 2", height 1.3", total length with handle: 14"; weight: 3.5 lbs. NB! Make sure you preheat the pan properly and use extra oil the first few times to prevent sticking. This helps to build up the seasoning of your cast iron pan over time.
If you’re looking for an elegant and ergonomic Aebleskiver pan, this is it. It’s a simple and efficient non-stick cast iron pan. It makes for hassle-free cooking with a speedy and even cooking surface. It has the whole package with the bamboo skewers, oven mitt, and silicone handle.
Based on what it costs, the KUHA Cast Iron is a good choice. Because it has everything you’ll need to make Aebleskiver, it’s better than most other pans. And it’s truly made of cast iron with a non-stick silicone coating. So it’s of great value and long-term longevity.
Everything you cook in it, it doesn’t burn or stick to the surface of the pan. It takes a relatively shorter time to cook the same volume. So it’s an amazing tool for making desserts, breakfast, and other sweet items.
What’s also impressive about this cast iron pan is that it stores easily. The design is ergonomic and portable. You can store it in small or narrow cabinets easily. This is a compact and sturdy pan. It makes a variety of dishes including Aebleskiver, pancakes, Takoyaki, and many other Asian recipes.
So once you buy this best Aebleskiver pan, there’s no going back!
- Makes seven 2-1/4-inch traditional Danish pancakes at one time
- Heavy, warp-resistant cast aluminum ensures even heating
- Measures 9-1/2 inches in diameter
- Hand washing recommended with mild detergent
- Made in the USA with handle from China
Have you heard of Danish pancakes? Well, this Nordic Ebleskiver pan can make you your next favorite Danish dessert. It’s made from high-quality and sturdy cast aluminum. It’s quite a strong and durable pan. It can withstand heavy use easily.
You can count on this pan for its sturdiness and ease of use. You can make more than Danish pancakes in it, by the way. It’s perfect for making muffins, pies, sugared sweet treats, and other items.
This pan is so easy to clean and maintain that you’ll want to experiment with new recipes with it. But I strongly recommend that you use this pan as it cooks the most amazing Aebleskivers. You can easily pour the batter into the circles. Just make sure the pan is warm, and not hot when you pour.
The reason why this pan is such a hit is that it makes cooking very easy. You can easily flip the Aebleskivers in this pan. The non-stick surface is smooth and effective. And with proper heating, it gives consistent results each time.
It has a long handle that stays cool and has a solid grip. So it’s easy to take off the heat once it’s done. Even though the pan is not dishwasher-safe. It’s as quick to wash it by hand and mild detergent as rinsing is. So you have nothing to worry about in terms of clean-up and upkeep.
Last but not the least, the Health and Home Nonstick Baking Maker has lots of benefits. It comes with interchangeable baking plates. Whether you want to make Aebleskiver, Takoyaki, cake pops, eggs, pancakes, etc.
So it’s a really versatile and multi-functional baking maker pan. And it’s electric with a power on/off button. It features a built-in thermostat and intelligent temperature controls. Each and every plate has a non-stick coating so it’s easier to clean.
The baking maker even features a flat baking plate for cooking a variety of recipes including meat. Now, I know what you’re thinking. How could a nonsticking baking maker possibly cook chicken in the same heat temperatures as Aebleskiver?
Well, thanks to the built-in heating tube and intelligent temperature features. You can stay rest assured that this baking pan has got it all figured out. In terms of cleaning as well, it’s simple and straightforward.
The appliance has a 2-year warranty. And each interchangeable baking tray comes with its own accessories. A wooden shovel, meatball pick, oil brush, the ideal toolset that completes the functionality of the baking maker.
What do you most look forward to when using a new cooking pan? One of the things that could help you decide what to buy is how easy the new cooking pan is to use. And what new value does it bring to your cooking that you weren’t aware of before?
When it comes to finding a non-stick Aebleskiver pan, you need to look at its design features first and foremost. What is it made of? How many chambers does it have to offer? And is it a stovetop or electric Aebleskiver pan?
If you’re new to buying and using an Aebleskiver pan, then you should know the following information.
Types of Aebleskiver Pans
This depends on convenience more than durability. You want to buy an electric cooking pan because they are more portable and efficient to use. They offer intelligent heating features, cool handles, and an intuitive power on/off button.
If you have children around, it’s best to invest in an electric Aebleskiver pan. They offer quick and controlled heating functions. So you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Manual, or stovetop, pans are demand more attention. But in terms of consistency, they are the best performing Aebleskiver pans on the market. If you want more control over heat, manual pans are the best choice. You can increase or decrease the heat flame based on how soft or crispy you want the Aebleskivers.
Most high-quality Aebleskiver pans are made of cast iron or cast aluminum. Any one of these materials can be a huge impact on how long the cooking pan lasts. And how well you can use it to cook food well.
Between cast iron and cast aluminum, cast iron is a better and sturdier choice. It has unique properties that make it last long for years.
Cast iron is also heavy-duty and takes a longer time to heat up. But that’s a good thing because you do not want the surface to become too hot. This will burn the food quickly and ruin everything.
The next thing you need to look at is how non-stick coating works on a pan like this. This protective layer of coating prevents burning and makes sure no stains or odor sticks to the surface. Teflon, silicone, or ceramic non-stick coating are ideal. They are more eco-friendly, human-friendly, and safe to use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the benefits of using non-stick cookware?
There are many benefits of using a non-stick Aebleskiver pan. The first thing people do when they have a non-stick cooking pan is that they use less oil. The non-stick cooking pan still gives you the perfectly-caramelized and cooked outer surface. The crispy brown outer crust is possible on a non-stick cooking surface with much less oil or butter.
Lastly, another benefit of using non-stick cookware is that they last for much longer. Because of the stick-free and odor-free surface, the cooking pan is easy to clean.
What’s the difference between a cast iron and an aluminum cooking pan?
If you want something that’s sturdy and long-lasting, go for a cast iron Aebleskiver pan. It’s heavier than aluminum which means it’s more likely to last longer. And a cast-iron surface takes more time to heat up. This means it evenly distributes heat to all corners of the surface. And it maintains a good cooking temperature without overheating.
The thickness of the surface makes cast iron less likely to scratch and rust. It attracts fewer stains, odor, and stickiness.
What recipes can Aebleskiver pan cook?
Aebleskiver pans can cook more than Aebleskivers and Takoyakis. They are perfect for baking muffins, mini Dutch pancakes, and lots more. You can also make mini desserts using an Aebleskiver pan. If you’re a baker, use your imagination and combine delicious ingredients to get a new recipe out of your Aebleskiver pan.
Lots of people also use an Aebleskiver pan for making Neyyappam, Padu, Kue Cubit, Poffertjes, and Padu.
Isn’t this cooking pan great for making pancake balls and Aebleskivers? You can also make many other similar dishes in this. They are versatile, functional, and durable to use. And you can cook between 7 to 18 balls at once.
Compared to traditional ways of making Aebleskivers, this is the most effortless and convenient to use. It offers you sturdiness, ease of use, and longevity. You can make the perfect Aebleskiver balls without overcooking or burning them.
And lastly, they are of big help in the kitchen because of their non-stick cooking surface. And a breeze to clean afterward!
I am sure you love food. Otherwise, you won’t be here. As a full-time and a part-time chef at a local restaurant, I know my way around food. Ever since I was a young girl, I enjoyed helping my mom in the kitchen.
We would often experiment with the spices, ingredients, and flavors and create great meals for my brothers and dad. Since cocking was my first passion, I decided to go in that direction. I finished culinary school, got my first job, and started developing my skills.
Later when kids came, I had all the liberty in the kitchen to combine some of the unique flavors. A lot of them were a success, but now and there I would make a couple of mistakes.