When boiling doesn’t seem like a healthier or preferable choice, then the best alternative is steaming of course. Unlike boiling in some cases, steaming preserves the essential vitamins and nutrients present in food. In fact, the best stainless steel steamer also keeps the original freshness and flavors of the vegetables intact.
These pots for steaming are now designed in various sizes and shapes to fit your convenience and cooking style. The top choice is actually a space-saving steamer, Oster Sangerfield Stainless Steel Cookware. And it’s not rare to even come across steamers made of stainless steel with three tiers. Along with those that you can place on top of your existing pans.
So how about you check out these top recommendations below? Each model has a different design, price tag, and list of pros and cons. Choose based on important factors like how much space your stove offers at the time of cooking, do you cook large amounts of food or just for yourself, etc.
Top 6 Best Stainless Steel Steamer Reviews
- 3 Qt. (quart) Casserole W/ Lid & Steamer Insert
- Steamer set with lids
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Hand wash Recommended. Ideal for any kitchen
- Dual purpose as Dutch oven with glass lid. 3QT Casserole 8.5' in diameter x 3.7' Height = Piece by itself, 3QT Steamer 8.5' in diameter x 3.6' Height = Piece by itself, With Glass lid 8.5' in diameter (you can use for both the pot and the steamer), Stackable measurements = 8.5' in diameter x 6.20' Height = Stackable Casserole and Steamer
With this Casserole set and steamer basket, you can cook fresh vegetables and fluffy rice. You get to re-heat delicious tamale leftovers too. The most enticing part is the smaller size of this best stainless steel food steamer. It’s the perfect choice for you if you want something compact that doesn’t take up too much space on your stovetop and in your kitchen.
Apart from the most suitable for smaller gatherings, the Oster Sangerfield Stainless Steel Cookware encourages even heating. All thanks to the encapsulated stainless steel base. Just like the bottom, even the top is well constructed. The lid is made of vented tempered glass. So you can easily keep a check on the status of the food that’s steaming.
The bottom pan, with its shorter design, very conveniently fits into the refrigerator for storage. As for the steamer insert, it can handle all types of vegetables – potatoes, brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, and lots more.
You’re most likely to love the steamer set for not one but many reasons. At the same time, the price is nothing but affordable. This is actually one of the best budget-friendly choices on the list. And if you’re worried about not being able to add too much water, then that’s no problem at all. Because the top doesn’t sit too low in the bottom pot.
- 🍲 The mockins 3 Piece Steaming Set is made with high quality , heavy duty 18/8 stainless steel . The steamer basket has an aluminum core at the bottom of the pot and a base that is capped by induction stainless steel that ensures the heat it thoroughly and evenly distributed.
- 🍲 The 2 quart Vegetable steamer basket fits perfectly into the 3 quart pot . The tight fitting vented glass lid helps keep the steam in and cook your food just right.
- 🍲 The thick and durable rolled pot rims give you that spill and drip resistant pouring you've been looking for in a great veggie steam pot .
- 🍲 The Bakelite handles stay cool while your cooking for safe usage with the hot pot. The pot can be used on all cooking surfaces including induction cooktop , electric stove tops , portable stoves , gas burners , glass and ceramic.
- ✅ ✅ CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED : We are so sure you are going to love the 3 piece Stainless Steel Pot Set that we offer a 3 year warranty. So cook up a storm and enjoy your steamer food because we got you covered!
A dollar cheaper than the previous pick, this Mockins Stainless Steel Steamer Pot is a versatile, necessary addition. Absolutely no doubt about that! It boils, steams, and simmers all your favorite vegetables and foods.
The aluminum core bottom, together with induction stainless steel, evenly and thoroughly distributes heat. A vented glass lid is a part of this design too. So you can keep a check. Also, the lid allows steam to escape, which keeps the water used for steaming from boiling over. Speaking of which, the construction consists of rolled rims for minimizing the chances of spills and drips.
Unlike the previous option, this one’s equipped with handles that remain cool to touch during your cooking process. And just so you know, this heavy-duty stainless steel steamer pot works on all types of cooking surfaces. This includes gas, glass, ceramic, electric, halogen, and electric.
Steam vegetables as well as frozen chicken if you like. With vegetables, the steaming even on low heat has the capacity to produce results in the form of your wooden spoon pushing down on the vegetable and the vegetable coming apart quite easily. Maybe you might even never use your microwave ever again once you get this best stainless steel vegetable steamer.
- Chef's Choice Stainless: Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance
- Unsurpassed Heat Distribution: Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots
- Stainless Steel for Professional Results: Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Great for classic cooking techniques like slow simmers, rolling boils and reduction of liquids
- Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring
- Drip-Free Pouring: Rim is tapered for drip-free pouring
Now how about a large-capacity steamer for your pasta parties at home? It’s a 12-quart pasta/steamer set by none other than Cuisinart. Since the manufacturer is Cuisinart, you don’t have to worry about quality, durability, strength, and performance. After all, it’s one of the best brands for kitchen products and appliances.
The classic look and mirror finish of this best stainless steel steamer pot are the first things you notice. And once the cooking begins, it’s the even heat distribution that caught the attention. And that’s because of the aluminum encapsulated base, which heats very quickly. And then spread this heat evenly across.
Moreover, the handles have a cool grip. The whole thing is dishwasher-safe to make your life a whole lot easier. And the tight-fitted cover locks in moisture as well the nutrients of the vegetables, pasta, etc. That means the recipes your prepare are sure to taste utterly delicious and flavorful.
- 5-Quart covered steamer pot with 4-Quart stainless-steel steamer basket – perfect for cooking vegetables, seafood or Chinese dumplings
- Single-ply polished stainless-steel construction with thick aluminum warp-resistant base for fast, even heating
- Highly polished 18/10 stainless-steel cooking surface offers superior stick resistance and easy maintenance, plus won’t react with food
- More durable than traditional pots for a lifetime of use; stainless-steel lid; stainless-steel handles permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
- Capacity etched on the pot’s base; oven- and broiler-safe to 600 degrees F; induction compatible; dishwasher-safe; limited lifetime warranty
The best stainless steel steamer is not just one that heats up quickly and brings the water to boil faster. Yes, that is also important, which is why this All-Clad steamer is a part of the list. But what’s also equally important is a steamer that’s built to last. Once again, that is also why the All-Clad Stainless Steel Steamer Cookware is reviewed here.
It’s got a thick stainless steel plus aluminum base. With tall and curved sides. Quick heat-up time to get the water to boil faster is one of the strongest points of this product.
Furthermore, the steaming insert design is such that it paves the way for less water usage. So there’s a larger room for your food. This makes the current option the most suitable choice for steaming larger vegetables. And for times when you’re cooking for a crowd.
Heavy-gauge stainless steel is used of course. Such a structure keeps the steamer from bending under pressure. Even the loop handles are sturdy for cooking purposes. Double handles allow you to remove the steamer easily each time you wish to see where the water level is at.
Many have used this one as a soup pot as well. When cooking soup, you can leave the top lid slightly open. And that isn’t a problem at all because the lid balances itself perfectly. So bring on your most favorite veggies, soups, and whatever else you like to steam.
- 🍲When it comes to tamales, you want a proper steamer and this Stock Pot Tamale Steamer will be a good batch to your Kitchen essential. Consist of 4 parts: Pot, Lid, Steamer Insert Rack and a divider to Steam your fresh.
- 🍲Features: Five size to choose!! 20QT / 24QT / 32QT / 40QT / 52QT, functions as a standard stockpot for most outdoor cooking needs.
- 🍲Sensible Needs steamer rack basket set is made of food-grade stainless steel, durable and nice heft. Heavy duty and thicker than competitors, Commercial grade material, Will last for an extremely long time, Sturdy and durable.
- 🍲Our stainless steel cookware does not apply any coating, and is free of health hazard. Unique removable convenient dividers for multiple items, more choice and fun.
- 🍲Make your favorite, Traditional and delicious Rojos, verdes and sweet tamales at once to save you time. Steamer insert makes this stockpot very versatile for your very large cooking needs. Is perfect for steaming or boiling seafood and vegetables to perfection.
There are 4 parts that make up this stainless steel stockpot. This includes the pot, lid, steamer insert, and divider. Needless to say, the stainless steel used is food-grade quality. And it’s exceptionally durable. The thicker, heavy-duty construction, along with commercial-grade materials ensure an incredibly long and sturdy lifespan.
The dividers are removable of course. And they’re especially put in place to allow you to steam multiple food items of your choice. But it’s the steamer rack that makes the stockpot extremely versatile for larger batches of cooking. It paves the way for steaming/boiling vegetables and seafood.
What’s a little out of the ordinary here is the addition of a unique spot. So, at the time of steaming, if you wish to add more water, you can do so through this spout.
The pot can hold plenty of tamales and still offer enough room below for boiling water. The steamer is well-built, durable, and also very easy to clean. The thick metal is what makes the pot so sturdy. Hence, the ARC creation is so highly recommended.
- NICKEL FREE HARM FREE - Compared with most nickel-bearing 18/8 (Cr: Ni) and 18/10 stainless steel cookware products on the market, ours are made of food grade NICKEL FREE JYH21CT (21/0, Japanese standard) stainless steel. Nickel-bearing stainless steel stands out for corrosion-resistance and is commonly used for industrial purposes, BUT nickel is high up on the ATSDR list of priority toxins; nickel leaching harms health. Our NICKEL FREE steamer insert is non-toxic; non-allergic; much healthier.
- HEALTHIER, TASTIER & FASTER - NICKEL FREE for human health; Our steamer insert elevates foods above simmering water food - enables vitamin-saving steaming of vegetables, dim sum or fish; thus HEALTHIER - Oxidation resistant cooking surface does NOT discolor, react with food, or alter flavors - retain original flavor and nutritional content; therefore TASTIER. Durable stainless steel and heat surround technology ensure the steamer insert is heated quickly and evenly; hence FASTER.
- UNIVERSAL USE & LARGE CAPACITY - This versatile steamer insert has 3 graduated ridges on the bottom (measures 8"/ 9"/ 9.5" in diameter) - allow to be used with a wide range of HOMICHEF pots. - Approx. 4.8 Quart capacity, 4.5 inches in height, meets the whole family's daily need. - Made of top quality stainless steel - great for cooking pasta, steaming or blanching vegetables, also used as a pasta and vegetable strainer.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - Elegant silver matte polish cuts a fine finger in the kitchen. - Perforated insert is designed to drain quickly and clean up easily. - Solid stainless steel riveted stick handle features air-flow technology to help stay cool - allows for safe and easy insertion and removal from even the heating pots; ergonomic design provides a comfortable grip. Oven safe; dishwasher safe for no-hassle cleanup.
- DEVOTED CUSTOMER SERVICE - Genuine HOMICHEF stainless steel cookware products, certified by ISO9001, BSCI, etc. - TRADEMARK filed in U.S.A. - In business since 1998 - For Amazon customers, this product comes with 1-Month Free Trial & 6-Year Warranty & Free Life Time Customer Service - You can always come to us for discounted parts, free recipes, free cook consultations, or free customer service at: http://www.amazon.com/seller/HOMI-CHEF
Firstly, this universal, large-capacity steamer is made using Japanese-standard, nickel-free, food-grade stainless steel. This has non-allergic and non-toxic properties. And that’s very important because not many people know that nickel tends to leach during cooking.
At the same time, nickel-free stainless steel isn’t just healthier. But it also delivers a higher heat-conductive capacity.
Moving on, the tapered steamer is wide and deep enough. In fact, it’s wider and deeper in comparison to its competitors. And only because of that, the steaming capacity gets maximized. More heat is concentrated at the bottom, thus creating an elevated steaming surface for surrounding food to ensure whole steaming.
Then the mirror-polished finish adds visual appeal. But if you’re more concerned about performance, then that department also has great news for you. With carrots and corn on the cob, you can steam for just 25 minutes to achieve perfect results. You could also try potatoes and not have any complaints whatsoever.
More importantly, this steamer is destined to last for a very long time. Meaning you’re going to get tons of use from it, that’s for sure.
Even though buying a stainless steel steamer is a no-brainer. What helps is knowing how important and useful a stainless steel steamer is for you. Everyone loves to use it.
It promotes healthy cooking because it preserves the nutritional qualities of vegetables and other foods really well. You can either buy a stainless steel steamer for electric or stovetop cooking. It’s easy to use and most importantly it’s easy to wash.
So if you think you’re reading to buy the best stainless steel steamer. Then you should read the following information carefully.
What’s the average capacity of a stainless steel steamer? You will find different sizes based on what you want. If you live in a large family, you need a minimum of 4L of capacity. This is suitable for medium-to-large family size.
If you plan on using a steamer every day for a variety of meals. And for more than 8 people, then a capacity of 9, 10, or 12L is necessary.
Besides the stainless steel walls of the steamer, it helps if the steamer has a glass lid. That way, you can see what’s happening inside the steamer when it’s steaming. A glass lid is more practical than a steel lid. You can check up on the food without letting the steam out. And turn off the gas whenever you think the food is ready to eat.
Most stainless steel steamers have a curved handle. They are not very large. The short loop gives you plenty of grip and space to hold the pot up correctly. More high-end steamers come with handles that are cool-to-touch.
Otherwise, for the average stainless steel steamer, the handles do get hot. So you will need to wear oven mitts to get the dish off of the stove or electric.
A stainless steel steamer should be easy to clean and store. If you’re buying an entire set, the steam baskets, lid, and other important parts of the steamer should be dishwasher safe. A compact stainless steel steamer is a must. And the fact that it’s dishwasher safe makes it so much easier to use and take care of.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are stainless steel steamers oven-safe?
Yes, you will find many oven-friendly stainless steel steamers. The steamers are oven-friendly up to 500 degrees. You can easily use them for making dumplings, steaming noodles, and vegetables, and lots more.
Such stainless steel steamers are also dishwasher-safe. So they’re easier to handle, clean, and store. A spacious steamer basket with a glass lid and an oven-friendly construction is the perfect addition to any busy kitchen.
2. How many tiers do stainless steel steamers have?
Most of the stainless steel steamers have 2-3 tiers. You have the main pot in which you boil water to create the steam. And on top of it sits the steamer basket with the perforations. The basket holds the food that you steam.
The basket is half the size of the pot – maybe half a quart or two-thirds the size of the pot. Make sure that the steamer basket and pot have the same diameter but different depths. This allows you to cover the entire space inside the steamer. And you can accommodate more foods even in a relatively tighter space.
If you want to cook different types of foods together, you can also buy a 3 tier steamer. You can add meat, rice, noodles, and/or vegetables into the multiple baskets.
3. Are stainless steel steamers better than electric?
Electric food steamers are portable but they do not cook food consistently. Different foods require different cooking temperatures. And stainless steel steamers offer manual operation. In that, you can reduce or increase the heat to cook food more evenly.
Stainless steel steamers distribute more heat evenly. And even after you take it off the gas, they keep the food hot and fresh inside for longer.
Another plus to using stainless steel steamers is that you can remove the strainer basket and use the pot for cooking too. You can make soups, sauces, and other simmering dishes in the pot.
Many home-cooks find that using a stainless steel steamer is better than electric because it’s easier to clean and maintain. So the added convenience in terms of cooking different recipes in a single dish, at the same time. That is what most home-cooks need.
Healthy cooking is becoming more and more common these days. Therefore, the rise of cooking methods that don’t involve oil and other such unhealthy ingredients. So it’s only natural for health-conscious foodies to opt for steaming. But then switch to the best stainless steel steamer instead of conventional steaming methods.
The reviews section consists of models that are designed and even priced differently. So you can choose based on any personal preferences you may have. And then there’s the buying guide to bring you closer to understanding the top, most important features. So you can tell a good steamer from a bad one.
I am sure you love food. Otherwise, you won’t be here. As a full-time and a part-time chef at a local restaurant, I know my way around food. Ever since I was a young girl, I enjoyed helping my mom in the kitchen.
We would often experiment with the spices, ingredients, and flavors and create great meals for my brothers and dad. Since cocking was my first passion, I decided to go in that direction. I finished culinary school, got my first job, and started developing my skills.
Later when kids came, I had all the liberty in the kitchen to combine some of the unique flavors. A lot of them were a success, but now and there I would make a couple of mistakes.