After looking at a bunch of blenders, I decided to compare the Vitamix 5200 vs 5000 and find the perfect match for most people. The Vitamix 5200 has many perks while the 5000 has only a few.
For starters, the Vitamix 5200 is easy to purchase via Amazon and a couple of other reputable retail websites. The Vitamix 5000, on the other hand, is not so readily available which is as disappointing as it is frustrating because it is a basic and affordable model.
The Vitamix 5200 is the upgraded model. So it’s newer with enhanced features such as a quieter motor, longer warranty, and lightweight design.
But they both offer 10 variable speeds, a 2.0 HP motor, and a 64-ounce jar for making everything smoothies to butters to party dips to ice creams!
Vitamix 5200 vs 5000: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Vitamix 5200 vs 5000: Differences
The Vitamix 5200 and 5000 are two of the most user-friendly and dependable blenders for home use. But the Vitamix 5200 wins 2 – 1 against the Vitamix 5000 because it is easy to buy and it features a more foolproof and long-lasting design and performance value.
1. Controls / Settings
The Winner: Vitamix 5000
If there is one thing that the Vitamix 5000 does well is it offers you the chance to blend from two different containers based on what you need. If you’re making a smoothie for yourself, the 32-ounce blender is more fitting. If you’re making a large batch of pancake batter or almond butter, pull out the 64-ounce blender jar.
Unlike the Vitamix 5200 where you will have to buy a 32-ounce blender jar separately, the 5000 provides you with both options in a single purchase.
This also means that the Vitamix 5000 features 2 sets of blades – one for each blender jar. It prolongs durability and accessibility without losing the edge. The blades are made up of stainless steel while the blender jars are heavy-duty ABS plastic.
All the parts are easy to clean and disassemble and dishwasher-safe. The extra 32-ounce blender jar makes blending easier and faster if I don’t have too many ingredients to whip up.
With regards to flexibility in portion size, the Vitamix 5000 is more equipped at handling different blending sizes with 2 containers, instead of 1.
2. Cleaning & Maintenance
The Winner: Vitamix 5200
The Vitamix 5200 blender contains 1 blender jar of 64-ounces and a strong 2.0 HP motor base. The Vitamix 5000 contains 2 blender jars of 32-ounce and 64-ounce and the same 2.0 HP motor base.
Bearing in mind that the dimensions of the motor base and the 64-ounce container of both 5000 and 5200 are similar, the combined weight of the Vitamix 5000 is heavier. So the 5200 weighs 10.9 lbs while the 5000 weighs 13.9 lbs.
If you’re looking for a compact and portable blender that doesn’t take too much time to move from one part of the kitchen to another, the Vitamix 5200 is your pick.
The difference in weight is around 3 pounds which may not seem like a lot for some people. But with limited kitchen space and storage, you need something extremely lightweight and sturdy to use.
The Winner: Vitamix 5200
The Vitamix 5200 is an improved and upgraded version of the Vitamix 5000. And one of the drawbacks of the 5000 that the 5200 has repaired is the loud noise of the motor.
Whether you’re blending at a low speed or high, the Vitamix 5000 produces a loud, often unpleasant, blending noise.
The Vitamix 5200 features rubber feet and a sturdier housing that absorbs most of the noise. It still produces some noise while blending at high speeds but it’s not as alarming as the Vitamix 5000.
The 5000 just gets noisier than the 5200 on the higher blending settings. Even though some noise is expected from any blender. Especially when you’re blending hard ingredients. But with the 5200, you can get by a more prolonged blending session more comfortably than with the 5000.
Another one of the complaints from the users of the Vitamix 5000 is that, despite the thermal protection system in place, the 5000 does overheat after prolonged use.
There have been no such complaints about the Vitamix 5200 which puts it on top. Its motor features thermal sensor protection and a cooling fan to prevent overheating. And even when the motor does get too worked up, the thermal sensor will automatically detect a rise in temperature and turn off the machine on its own.
The only “heat” the Vitamix 5200 will produce is when the blades produce friction heat for hot soups. And that’s a good thing! The Vitamix 5000 also produces friction heat for making hot soups easily and consistently.
I will say that, in favor of the motor getting warm during prolonged use, the heat from the motor could work in favor of blending hot soup in the 5000. But when making ice cream or any other frozen dessert, the overheating is not favorable at all.
Between 7 and 5-year warranties, which one would you pick? Considering the better and quiet performance of the Vitamix 5200, the 7-year warranty is a steal. The 5000 is the one with a 5-year warranty so it does offer a limited package for the user – compared to what the upgraded Vitamix 5200 has to offer.
Both feature the same cleaning and maintenance features, including high-quality BPA-free parts and dishwasher-safe lid, container, and blades. But the longer warranty assurance of the Vitamix 5200 gives it a better wrap in comparison to the 5000 with its limited availability and 5-year warranty.
I’d like to end with this very important factor of consideration because, in all my research of the Vitamix 5200 vs 5000, this point is the most recommended by new buyers.
The availability of the Vitamix 5000 is scarce as it is an older model. The Vitamix 5200 is the newer and upgraded version of it. You will find the 5200 on Amazon and other retail websites easily. But the 5000 is not readily available anywhere.
So the limited stock options despite the fact that it is a good, dependable blender for everyday home use is a letdown for people looking for affordable prices and a more multi-functional, versatile Vitamix blender.
Vitamix 5200 vs 5000: Similarities
1. 10 Variable Speeds
The Vitamix 5200 vs 5000 are basic but multi-functional models. They include 10 variable speed settings for blending wet and dry ingredients in seconds. So both blenders are fully equipped with adjustable speeds to make all kinds of blends.
Starting with soft recipes like salsa, juices, marinades, dips, and chutney. To something a little more complex so it requires a higher speed such as smoothies, hummus, etc. Lastly, to really intense recipes that require more power such as crushed ice, hot soups, dal, nut butters, dough, and ice cream.
With the 10 variable speeds, you can experiment on different levels to chop, blend, emulsify, puree, and crush different vegetables, nuts, fruits, and other ingredients easily.
2. BPA-Free Construction
BPA-free plastics are good when used in blender jar containers. And both the Vitamix 5200 and 5000 feature BPA-free plastic containers.
Plastics contain certain chemicals that when exposed to high heat start releasing. This can not only alter the taste of the food but also cause certain digestive issues if you have health concerns. Washing such plastics also contributes to the deterioration of the material, making the plastic look worn out and stained quickly.
BPA-free ensures safe, easy to clean, and durable performance of the plastic. It won’t release toxic chemicals into your food when exposed to the friction heat produced by the high-spinning blades. And the blender jars are transparent so you can see everything inside.
Cleaning the blender shouldn’t take you longer than 5 minutes despite the large 64-ounce container. It’s a two-step process in case you’ve made something sticky like nut butter or dough inside the blender.
Step number one: Add warm water and a few drops of dish soap in the blender jar. Fill it up halfway, not more, so that the force of the spinning water gets rid of any food particle from under the blades without the water spilling out of the lid.
Start blending at high speed, both blenders have a varied ‘High’ and ‘Variable’ speed switch on the left-hand side of the control panel. Allow the blades to spin for 20 to 30 seconds. Turn the blender off.
Step number two: Carry the blender to the sink and empty out the soapy water. Disassemble all the parts including the lid and blades. And place them in a dishwasher for a thorough rinse.
After one cycle, allow the parts to air dry and they’re ready to be used again.
4. Additional Accessories
Both blenders come with a special plastic tamper and secure lid for better accessibility. The only difference between the Vitamix 5200 vs 5000 is that the 5000 features 2 lids instead of 1.
But the construction of the lid and easy pour spout on both blenders are the same. The tamper is long and sturdy for better access. The lids are spill-proof and secure. The tamper comes in handy when making smoothies or nut butters. It helps you make sure everything is nicely blended and that there are no lumps in the food’s texture.
A long, 6-feet cord wrap, cooling pan, and sturdy buttons and dial are indicative of Vitamix’s superior quality and durability. It also includes a recipe book, instructions manual, and DVD to boost your blending abilities right from the start.
Quick Rundown of Vitamix 5200
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Vitamix 5000
Related Articles to Vitamix 5200
- Vitamix 5200 Vs KitchenAid Blender: The Two Types Of Blender With The Highest Quality On The Market Today. Which Is The Best Quality Blender Now?
- Vitamix 5200 vs Nutribullet 900 Review: Why The Vitamix Power Blender Is The Better Choice For Most People?
- Vitamix 5200 vs Breville Super Q: A Detailed Comparison Between Two Top-notch Blenders From The Two Famous Brands
- Vitamix 5200 vs 6500 Review: Features That Make This Vitamix Blender A Convenient & User-Friendly Model For Daily Use
- Vitamix Ascent A2300 vs 5200 Review: Buy This Smart Vitamix Blender If You Want A High-Powered Blender To Upgrade Your Cooking Skills With
- Vitamix 5200 Vs Ascent A2300 Review: Classic Series Vs Ascent Series, Which Is More Comfortable For Personal Uses?
- Vitamix 5200 Vs V1200 Review: Choose Durableness And Convenience Or Extra-feature?
- Vitamix 5200 vs 750 Review: For Both Professional-Grade Products, Which Is More Ideal For Multi-purpose Use?
- Vitamix 5200 vs 6300: Is It Reasonable To Pay For Extra Features Or Not?
- Vitamix 5200 vs A2500: Find Out Why We Prefer The A2500!
- Vitamix 5200 vs A3500: Which Blender Has A Better Performance For Making Large Batches?
- Vitamix 5200 vs 7500 Review: Critical Features To Look For – High-Performance & Adjustable Vitamix Blenders For Everyday Use & For Beginners!
- Vitamix 5200 vs 5300 Review: What To Look For? Comparing The Design & Features of Two Top-Performing Vitamix Blenders in 2022
- Vitamix E320 Explorian Blender vs 5200 Review: Versatile, Customizable & Easy To Clean – What Do You Need To Consider Before Picking A Premium Vitamix Blender?
- Vitamix E310 vs 5200 Review: What To Look For? Comparing The Durability & Performance Of Two Vitamix’s Top-Rated Blenders For Daily Home Use
Related Articles to Vitamix 5000
- Vitamix 750 Vs 5300 Review: The Quality Of Both Blender Brands On The Market Today. Which Is Better?
- Vitamix 5200: https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Shop/5200-Getting-Started?referer_st=5200&sc=site
- Vitamix 5000: https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Shop/Professional-Series-500?skuId=064904
I am sure you love food. Otherwise, you won’t be here. As a full-time and a part-time chef at a local restaurant, I know my way around food. Ever since I was a young girl, I enjoyed helping my mom in the kitchen.
We would often experiment with the spices, ingredients, and flavors and create great meals for my brothers and dad. Since cocking was my first passion, I decided to go in that direction. I finished culinary school, got my first job, and started developing my skills.
Later when kids came, I had all the liberty in the kitchen to combine some of the unique flavors. A lot of them were a success, but now and there I would make a couple of mistakes.