The one thing we all love about high-powered blenders is their ability to crush ice or make frozen desserts in seconds. And the Vitamix A3500 vs 5300 are two of the most popular and powerful blenders with that very aim in mind.
But the Vitamix A3500 is better for the quiet motor performance, more advanced features to control texture quality, and a longer warranty. The power of this blender is fantastic. It makes intricate recipes easier to make with its 4 blending modes, 1 self-cleaning mode, and Bluetooth-enabled app.
The Vitamix 5300 is also very useful but it’s a basic kitchen blender. It has 10 variable speeds and a pulse function. Sometimes, this is all a cook needs at home. And the low cost of the 5300 and accurate speed controls prove the simplicity of the 5300. The A3500, on the other hand, is more intuitive and advanced.
Vitamix A3500 vs 5300: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2023-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Vitamix A3500 vs 5300: Differences
I would pick the Vitamix A3500 over the 5300 any day because of its superior functions and sturdier build quality. I also think the Vitamix 5300 is a good choice for an affordable and portable kitchen blender.
Regardless, the A3500 wins 4 – 1 against the 5300 because it has more advanced features that directly influence blending performance such as blending pre-sets, Bluetooth app, quiet motor, and long-term warranty.
1. Blending Performance
The Winner: Vitamix A3500
I was afraid that my blender won’t have the option to use other blender jars of different sizes. But the A3500 does with the self-detect technology. Just so long as the other blender jar belongs to the Ascent series, I can use it on the A3500’s motor.
Not only that, the A3500 will automatically detect what size of blender I’m using in place of the 64-ounce jar. According to the size detect, which is 100% accurate, it will adjust the speed and power output.
So if I’m using a blender as small as 32-ounce, for example, the speed won’t be as intense as it ought to be when you use a 64-ounce jar.
This makes the A3500 a powerhouse. Because you not only control your blend texture but you have complete control over blending size. You can control how much goes into the jar and let the machine do the rest.
The 5300 comes with a single 64-ounce blender jar which is too wide for solo use. It fits about half a gallon to 2 liters. It is convenient but without the self-detect technology that is available on the A3500.
According to my research, I found the A3500 is louder than the 5300. Even though both come with the same 2.2 HP motor and cooling fan with overheating protection. The A3500 is one of the quietest blenders to use in a kitchen as it produces only 84 dB of noise. While the 5300 is relatively louder (and I’ve also found that it rattles a bit on the highest speeds) – producing at least 97.2 dB sound.
Convenience-wise, the A3500 is a far superior pick for a quiet, vibration-free, and comfortable blending experience.
I don’t know about you but this certainly feels reassuring because I can then use my blender early in the morning without waking others.
2. Controls / Programmability
The Winner: Vitamix A3500
While you have 10 variable speeds on both blenders, the A3500 does offer you that added convenience of selecting from different pre-programmed blending modes. These include smoothies, hot soups, dips & spreads, and frozen desserts. The last blending mode is for self-cleaning. In total, you have 5 blending modes that are available to you at the touch of a button.
It’s not actually a “button” but a touchscreen display that you have to tap the screen to access the blending mode. The A3500 will automatically adjust the blending speed and duration to fit the texture you want.
The 5300 features 10 variable speeds – not a touchscreen, but a rotary dial – but it lacks the blending pre-sets and Bluetooth connectivity which I will discuss in just a moment.
In this category, I will also include the special feature of the A3500 which is Bluetooth connectivity. With this wireless technology, the A3500 syncs with an app on your own (Vitamix’s blending app). Offering you complete access to more blending programs and recipes in a matter of seconds. And this app is 100% free to download on any smartphone or tablet.
The app contains up to 17 more blending programs, a programmable timer, and customized recipes (over 500 recipes).
Speaking of the timer, you can set the exact duration of the timer and the blender will stop blending according to the length of time you’ve set it on. This allows you to carefully plan and set up your meal preps and walk away from the blender. It’s hands-free and intuitive to use.
3. Cleaning & Maintenance
The Winner: It’s a tie
The Vitamix 5300 is a heavy-duty blender but it’s still lighter than the A3500 which weighs almost 15 pounds. The 5300, on the other hand, weighs a few pounds less – 12 pounds.
While the weight does not bother me, it may be a factor of consideration for people who want to store the blender in a cabinet. This means putting away the motor base and the blender jar in a cabinet after use. This going back and forth, to make it less burdensome, you’ll need a relatively lightweight blender. That’s exactly what the 5300 offers.
Both blenders have a 64-ounce blending capacity and they measure up to almost the same dimensions. So it is just their weight you need to take into consideration before making a decision.
Buying the A3500 makes more sense because it comes with features that are easy to use and clean. I’m talking about the dishwasher-safe parts of the A3500 that the 5300 simply does not have.
I always wanted a blender with a dishwasher-safe jar, lid, and blades. There are times when I want to make really sticky and chunky butter and the thought of cleaning the blender and blades myself after keeps me from making butter in my current blender.
But with the A3500, I don’t have to worry about cleaning at all. I can quickly run a self-cleaning cycle first and then carry the blender jar, lid, and blades to the top rack of the dishwasher. In just a few minutes, the blender looks clean and has no lingering odor or butter chunks underneath the blades.
Unfortunately, you cannot clean the 5300 in a dishwasher. So scrubbing the interior of the lid, jar, and blades in an old-school way is necessary after making a recipe like butter.
The Winner: Vitamix A3500
What kind of warranty do you prefer? As far as the Vitamix A3500 is concerned, it costs a bit more than the 5300 but it also comes with a longer warranty and superior features. The 5300 features a 7-year warranty with none of the advanced functions of the A3500.
And the A3500, on the other hand, includes a 10-year warranty on all its important parts and features. So paying a few extra bucks should be of no concern to you if you want to extend durability and use a blender for longer than 10 years in the best of conditions.
The touchscreen panel of the A3500 is very intuitive and responsive. So is the rotary dial and pulse switches of the 5300 but it’s not as versatile and multi-functional.
The touchscreen of the A3500 includes a timer option, blending modes, speed control, pulse, and power settings. It also includes a special self-cleaning mode that you have to press on and the blender will clean the jar itself after you’ve added water and a few drops of dish soap. Close the lid tight and the blender cleans itself in 20 to 30 seconds tops!
You can access more blending programs via the smartphone app that is compatible only with the A3500, not the 5300.
The 5300, on the other hand, is less complex. It has a straightforward rotary dial with different speeds from 1 to 10. And two switches for pulse and power on either side of the dial.
I will mention that though the control panel of the 5300 is good enough for daily use, the plastic construction of the dial and switches might feel a bit flimsy. The build quality of the dial switch, specifically, is made of plastic and does not feel as sturdy to me as it should be. But performance-wise, this does not interfere with anything. Both blenders are very accurate and stable to use.
Vitamix A3500 vs 5300: Similarities
All things considered, the Vitamix A3500 vs 5300 blenders have a few things in common for the quintessential user. These are…
1. Variable Speeds
Both blenders feature 10 speeds of control for adjusting the texture of the blend. This could be for smoothies, hot soups, juices, dips, spreads, sauces, ice cream, desserts, batters, etc.
Starting from level 1, which is the lowest speed, you can go up to ‘10’ without any worries. It’s everything you need to make sure you don’t mess up your blend. And the numbered speed levels help you stay on track and consistent every time.
2. 64-Ounce Blender Jar
The 64-ounce is a full-sized blending capacity that can contain up to 2 liters. This might be too large for some people, especially if you’re looking for a single-serve blender for making smaller servings of most blending recipes.
But 64 ounces is a versatile size for homes. It’s big enough to make pancake batter, butter, dough for pastries, and bread. And you can even relatively larger portions of smoothies and sauces in a matter of seconds.
3. BPA-Free Construction
The talk about a large blending container also brings me to mention that both the Vitamix A3500 and 5300 come with BPA-free materials. Specifically, the BPA-free Tritan plastic container that’s easy to clean and maintain. It won’t stain or retain the odor of strong ingredients like garlic, ginger, sauces, etc. Nor will it feel sticky or slimy after cleaning after you’ve made nut butter in the jar.
4. 2.2 HP Motor
Every part of the Vitamix A3500 vs 5300 relating to the motor design is the same. They both come with a 2.2 HP motor that can crush ice, make smoothies, mix the batter, knead the dough, and churn butter for seconds or minutes depending on the texture. It energizes any variation of food blending, chopping, processing, etc.
The level of power a 2.2 HP motor has for a 64-ounce blending jar is impressive. You will appreciate the blending speed and stability. And both machines are equipped with auto shut-off in case the motor gets too hot while blending hot soup for example.
Quick Rundown of Vitamix A3500
- Program Settings: Five program settings (for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning) ensure walk-away convenience and consistent results. The A3500 pairs with the Vitamix Perfect Blend App: Unlock the Ascent Series A3500's full potential with 17 programs and 500+ recipes with the iOS + Android app.
- Touchscreen Controls give the machine a sleek silhouette and are easily wiped clean.Electrical Ratings - 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps. Cord: 4 feet. HP: 2.2-peak
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity: The motor base is able to read the container size you’ve chosen and automatically adjust program settings and maximum blending times accordingly. Add a range of compatible container sizes, building a customized blending system designed to fit your needs.
- Programmable Timer: A built-in timer helps avoid over- or under-processing your custom recipes. Set the timer to the length of your blend, and it will turn the machine off automatically. What's in the Box: motor base, low-profile 64 oz. container, low-profile classic tamper, Simply Blending Cookbook
Last update on 2023-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Vitamix 5300
No products found.
Related Articles to Vitamix A3500
- Vitamix A3500 vs Breville Super Q Side-By-Side Comparison: Which Comes Out At The Top For Better Performance And Easy To Use?
- Vitamix A3500 vs Prep 3 Side-By-Side Review: Which Comes Out At The Top For Easy Performance & Intricate Customization For Beginners?
- Vitamix A3500 vs Blendtec 800 Face-Off Review: Which Is The Better Food Processor, Mixer, Blender, Chopper All Combined In One For Daily Use?
- Vitamix A3500 vs A3500i Review: Design, Performance & Final Verdict – Quick Comparison for Serious Blending Enthusiasts
- Vitamix A3500 vs 6500 Review: Which Model Is Better Than A Standard Blender For Daily Blending Use & Versatile Recipes?
- Vitamix A3500 vs Blendtec 725 Review: Which Is The Better Pick For Power, User-Friendly Features & Durability?
- Vitamix A3500 Vs Ninja: Two High Quality And Most Popular Blender Products On The Market Today. Which One Is The Best?
- Vitamix A3500 vs 780 Review & Comparison: What You Need To Know & Consider Before Buying This Programmable Vitamix Blender As A Beginner
- Vitamix A3500 vs A3300 Review: The Most Recommended Vitamix Blender That Is Worth The Splurge With Better Programmability & Long-Lasting Durability
- Vitamix A3500 vs 7500 Review: Ranking These Vitamix Blenders Based On Their Programmable Features & Long-Lasting Durability – Which Is Better For Home Use?
- Vitamix A3500 Vs Pro 750 Review: The Professional Grade Vs The Ascent Grade, Which Is More Stable And Durable?
- Vitamix A2300 vs A3500: Comparing The Entry-level And The Top-level Of Ascent Series
- Vitamix A3500 vs A2500: Why The A3500 Is The Better Pick?
- Vitamix 5200 vs A3500: Which Blender Has A Better Performance For Making Large Batches?
- Vitamix E310 vs A3500 Review: Compare Their Performance, Functions & Design Before Deciding Which Is The Better Vitamix Blender For You
Related Articles to Vitamix 5300
- Vitamix Ascent A2300 Vs 5300 Review: Get To Know These Two Blenders And Deciding Which Is Perfect For Daily-use
- Vitamix A2500 vs 5300 Comparison Review: Which Is The Better Pick For More Blending Modes & Quicker Customizations?
- Vitamix 7500 vs 5300: Why Vitamix 7500 Is A Better Choice While They Look Almost The Same?
- Vitamix 5200 vs 5300 Review: What To Look For? Comparing The Design & Features of Two Top-Performing Vitamix Blenders
- Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender vs 5300 Review: Which Out Of These Powerful Vitamix Blenders Is Good For Daily Home Use With Minimal Clean-Up?
- Vitamix E320 vs 5300 Review: The Best of Both Worlds for Daily Blending Enthusiasts With Variable Speed Control & A Large Capacity
- Vitamix A3500 from Vitamix https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/shop/a3500
- Vitamix 5300 from Vitamix https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/shop/5300
I am sure you love food. Otherwise, you won’t be here. As a full-time and a part-time chef at a local restaurant, I know my way around food. Ever since I was a young girl, I enjoyed helping my mom in the kitchen.
We would often experiment with the spices, ingredients, and flavors and create great meals for my brothers and dad. Since cocking was my first passion, I decided to go in that direction. I finished culinary school, got my first job, and started developing my skills.
Later when kids came, I had all the liberty in the kitchen to combine some of the unique flavors. A lot of them were a success, but now and there I would make a couple of mistakes.